2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

A few photos to share

Following on from my email update (if you're not subscribed and want to be, pls drop me a line), here's a few photos to share with you from church and college so far this year.



My translation group. We meet for an hour each Wednesday to translate a portion of Mark's gospel. Its slow going as it takes us nearly an hour to get through 3 verses!


My prayer group made up of Dan (3rd year, far left), and Ben (2nd yr in the middle). We meet each Monday.


Some other 1st years I'm studying with


We have chapel three times a week. This particular one is more of a traditional style where we sing hymns and use a prayer book.


An excerpt from the Greek NT. Languages have so far taken up a lot of my time but also been a joy learning as I've been able to unlock more of the treasures of God's word


This is an excerpt from the Hebrew Bible. The only words from the above text I can read so far is "King of Judah"




Fellow 1st years from college (we meet each week in small groups of other 1st years to catch up, share and pray for one another). I'm really thankful for these guys - we get along really well and have some great laughs getting to know each other. As you can see we're also a very "Asian" group and have introduced yum cha and steamboat socials!


Some of the regulars from my new Bible study group at Bossley Park. As you can tell, I'm the youngest which is a different experience to my previous bible study groups!!!


Our church weekend away from back in April

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon (aka: 'Jacko') said...

Great photos brother!!!

I hope we all that good when college ends ... I know you will!!

Go well,

Jacko

Mon June 09, 10:20:00 pm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home