2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Friday, April 18, 2008

Holidays approaching!

Essay is done! (well, except for the synopsis). Let me know if you want a copy to read and I'll forward it to you.

I thank God for the things he's taught me as I've wrestled with what 1 Peter does (AND DOESN'T) say about suffering. I pray that God will enable me to draw upon this learning for future ministry and believe it or not, look forward to writing the next essay! These things provoke thought about things of eternal significance, unlike the essay I did on how to appropriately reward your staff back at uni.


As a result of procrastination during my essay, I happened to find another thought-provoking piece about 'preacher/teacher idolatry' as I'm going to call it now.

Food for thought......especially in light of Facebook groups, availability of sermons to download onto the ipod, quoting people etc etc. Maybe this just the Gen Y way of doing what used to be done by our forefathers with books that were published?

(On another note, I also have an email distribution list which I tried to invite people to at the beginning of the year. If you'd like to subscribe just let me know by sending me an email and I'll add you. You'll know if you're on it if you received an update from me around Easter and just after)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home