2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lecture free weeks!

Its lecture free weeks!!! (oops....I meant holidays!)

Hoping to make the most of these weeks to catch up on all the things that got neglected because we were so busy living life since the start of the year......Greek, Hebrew, readings.....

Plus, I'm trying to finish my New Testament essay. The essay question I've chosen to tackle is:

"How does 1 Peter's teaching about God relate to its treatment of Christian suffering?"

Sounds like a juicy question and I've enjoyed the exercise of getting into the text of 1 Peter and trying to understand more and more about this letter and some of the issues and answers it puts forward

But its not gonna be all work and no play........planning to go away for a few days up to Forster over the Anzac Day weekend to get some R&R.

But in the meantime, its back to the books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home