2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Narrative preaching

This Sunday I'm giving a talk on 1 Thess 2:1-16.

Its an awesome passage....have a read. One where Paul pours out his heart and explains the way in which he's ministered to the Thessalonians.

A great challenge for our motives, methods in ministry.

I'm also gonna take a risk and try to preach it narratively. From the perspective of a Thessalonian Jewish Christian who saw Paul preach firsthand.

So far, i'm finding the preparation enriching. Having to place myself in those shoes makes you pick u the details a lot more as you take on that persona and imagine what it would have been like.

I got the idea after reading this article during our PCT training and discussing it last week

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home