2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Don't you hate it when......

.....you mix colours in the wash!

A pair of off white golfing shorts, a business shirt got stained (not to mention Teresa's favourite yellow top) got stained with Teresa's denim jacket.

Brown stains but of a different variety!

(sorry no photos coz we were in panic stations!)

Anyway, upon a reflection it was a really powerful illustration of Jesus' work on the cross. Prior to Jesus, my life was stained with sinfulness. God saw them all over me. There was nothing i could to to get rid of them. No soap or napisan powerful enough to remove the stains.

But now I have been washed clean, those stains been removed and done away with because of Jesus' death on my behalf. He's the 'Great Unstainer'. I can confidently say that God no longer holds those stains against me because Jesus bore them.

But more than that, it reminded me of my role as a husband:

Ephesians 5:25:

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church— 30for we are members of his body. 31"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."32This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Wow - a big wake up call to what my role as the husband is. Just as Christ has done for all of us, now i must take on that responsibility for tree.

Oh and BTW the stains came out on the clothes thanks to a bit of Napisan plus this stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home