2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Things to do on a day off

One of the challenges in ministry I'm learning is to take a day off. To take a rest and enjoy God's providence and creation. I've been reminded of this through two things:

1. Pete's talk on work at Workers InC the other week.

2. Karen Beilharz's Couldn't Help Noticing blurb in the June Briefing

So here's my wishlist of things to do on future days off (usually Monday). I'd write it on my whiteboard, but its just too cluttered at the moment! Especially with that "Do not erase until 2010" which is right in the middle of the whole thing!

a. Do a tour of Vinnies and Salvation Army stores like I did today with my brother and dad and pick up stacks of bargains!! First I was converted by Tree, then I converted Derek and I think Dad is starting to get converted! Especially after he came so close to buying some photo frames and we bought him a pretty David Jones nice tie for $2.

Meanwhile, Derek bought this for me...



Only $6 and it fitted perfectly!

And I bought this for Tree! Believe it or not 50c each for mint condition copies!



b. Hire a bike and cycle at the Bi-centennial Park at Homebush with their dedicated cycling paths

c. Go to an indoor rock climing centre and pretend to be a monkey for a day. This one is the closest to us

d. Watch a movie....(that one is pretty obvious) but even better when its the Greater Union $8 movie of the week!

e. Hire any 3 DVDs (new releases, weeklies...whatever!) for $9.95 from Video Ezy Chatswood

f. Have a onion and gruyere crouton soup at this place that we walked past last Monday.

g. Go for a scenic drive (difficult considering petrol keeps getting more and more expensive)

h. Do some exercise/go for a walk (eg. Bondi to Bronte, Manly to Spit)

i. Read a book at home

j. Clean the house :(

Anyone else got any suggestions/recommendations??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home