2 Corinthians 4:7 says: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." This is a great reminder that as I spend my time doing pre-college training (PCT) with my church, that I am like a polystyrene cup (modern day equivalent of a jar of clay - weak, fragile), but God and his gospel is the one that is the treasure. Its also coincidental that imprinting my teeth marks onto a polystyrene cup is an enjoyable pastime of mine.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

What do I ask for?

Was greatly encouraged by this verse from Psalm 27 that we looked at during a staff meeting.....


One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 27:4

How often I forget to ask God for the things that he declares as important and worthy...... dwelling in HIS house and the opportunity to see his beauty and seek him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home